To gain an understanding of:-
- The Sanskrit sound system and script.
- Basic vocabulary - things, animals, numbers, etc ...
- Simple conversational sentences.
- Nouns, pronouns, numbers, gender, case etc ...
- Verbs - tenses, moods, participals etc ...
- Sentence structures.
- Adjectives and adverbs.
- Saandhi - ellision and scansion variations in pronunciation when words are spoken together.
- Simple subhashitanis. These are wise sayings or proverbs relating to correct action in life.
- Simple prose reading and comprehension.
- Simple word building and the compounding of words.
- The derivation and importance of the names of common yogasana.